Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: Chadwicks (Grafton Merchanting ROI t/a)
2. Eligibility Criteria: Entry into the competition is open to all registered GAA Clubs in the 12 counties of Leinster in the Republic of Ireland. The counties of Leinster are Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow. The competition is open to all Hurling, Gaelic Football, Camogie and Ladies Football clubs.
Strictly one entry per club.
Where a club has more than one element i.e. both football and hurling, hurling and camogie etc. This club should still be represented by one entry.
Where more than one entry is received, the first entry will be accepted and the others discounted.
3. To Enter: All participants must complete the online form at www.chadwicks.ie/
Entry is conditional on completion of the above requirements between June 6th, 2019 (“Start Date”) and July 31st 2019 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date and time will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
Entrants must explain in 500 words or less (per question) why their GAA club should win.
- Tell us about your club and the vision for the future?
- How does your club positively impact the local community?
- Why does your club need this prize and how will it benefit your club?
THE SELECTION PROCESS
4. On 8th August, 12 county winners will be selected from all the entrants (each a Finalist and together the Finalists). The selection will be made by an independent panel selected by the Promoter and the panel and the Promoter’s decisions shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. The Finalists will each be contacted by telephone on or before Friday 16th August 2019. If a Finalist does not respond before Monday 19th August 2019 their participation in the Competition will be deemed to have come to an end and their place in the next phase of the Competition will be taken by a reserve selected at the time the Finalists are selected.
6. The top three scoring Finalists be assisted by competition media partner Balls.ie in creating a video relating to the competition before Friday 30th August 2019. Finalists will be directed as to what the videos should include in terms of content.
7. Finalists must ensure that all people featured in their video have given their permission to be featured. It is the responsibility of the club to ensure that appropriate approvals have been given for all under 18s who are featured.
8. The three videos will be voted on by the public. The video that earns the most votes will win the Prize (the Winner) as detailed above.
9. The Winner will be selected on 20 September 2019.
10. Finalists will win building and DIY Materials with a value of €1,000 inclusive of VAT, from any Grafton Merchanting ROI branch including Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, The Panelling Centre, Sam Hire, Plumb Centre, Telfords, Cork Builders Providers, Morgans Timber, Heiton Steel and Davies Builders' and Plumbers' Merchanting businesses in the Republic of Ireland.
The Winner will win building and DIY Materials with a value of €10,000 inclusive of VAT, from any Grafton Merchanting ROI branch including Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley, The Panelling Centre, Sam Hire, Plumb Centre, Telfords, Cork Builders Providers, Morgans Timber, Heiton Steel and Davies builders' and Plumbers' Merchanting businesses in the Republic of Ireland.
11. The following conditions apply to the Prize:
- The Winner must be a registered GAA club in Leinster in the Republic of Ireland.
- All prize elements are non-transferable. If the Finalists or Winner loses any prize elements, no replacements will be provided.
- Prizes are as stated and there is no cash alternative.
- While all efforts will be made to supply Finalists and Winner with requested materials it is subject to availability of stock.
- Grafton Merchanting ROI will supply materials only and are not responsible for any labour or installation costs.
- The Finalists and Winner must make their full order of materials within 3 months of winning the prize
- Grafton Merchanting ROI will deliver the materials by means of one delivery only
- The prize must be used within 12 months of receiving the prize
12. All competition entries submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
13. By entering into this competition and completing the submission of your competition entry, you agree to:
(a) assign to the Promoter all your rights, title and interest in and to your intellectual property rights (to include but not limited to patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, trade marks, goodwill and all other intellectual property rights) in relation to your competition entry with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry
14. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry and ideas provided available on its website, social media and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry including ideas submitted, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and ideas submitted for such purposes.
15. Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions shall result in cancellation of the competition entry.
16. If you are entered into the competition and subsequently disagree with these Terms and Conditions, or decide that you wish to opt out of the competition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and your entry will be withdrawn.
17. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
18. By entering the competition, all entrants are consenting to their entry being made public via Grafton Merchanting ROI social media channels.
19. The Finalists and Winner agrees not to sell, order to sell or use the Prize Draw or the Prize for any commercial or promotional purposes (including placing the Prize and any internet auction site).
20. Grafton Merchanting ROI will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in this free prize draw.
21. By entering this free prize draw, each entrant agrees to release and hold Grafton Merchanting ROI, and any subsidiary and holding companies, their employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from the free prize draw or from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize.
22. When entering this free prize draw, you will have the option to opt in to receive marketing communications. This will give Grafton Merchanting ROI., its agents and partner’s permission to use your details to inform you by post, telephone, SMS or e-mail of products, services or special offers that may be of interest to you. All of our communications will have an opt out facility for any future communications. There is no requirement to consent to your personal details being used in marketing promotions in order to enter the competition.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time for any valid technical or commercial reason.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to alter any aspect of the prize.
25. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results and all other matters relating to this competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
27. By participating, the Winner agrees that club details will be made available to any person who contacts the Promoter and requests details of the Winner.
28. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.